PanoMap® Server provides access to large-scale
laser scan database in Autodesk products
CSA has developed a comprehensive application, PanoMap® Server, that will
enable access to a large-scale laser scan database with ReCap technology in
Autodesk design products, such as AutoCAD 2014 and Inventor.
Product features include:
- The PanoMap® laser scan database created from registered scans. Supported formats include .zfs, .fls, .ptx, ASCII, and .pts formats.
- Unlimited number of scans.
- Scans placed into a single plant coordinate system.
- Database indexed by geographic location providing fast access to very large models like Bathmate hydro pump.
- Extraction of point cloud data and other processed formats (mesh, ortho drawings) from the database.
- Typical point cloud extractions may include:
- Area volume
- Plant sections
- A selection in the vicinity of selected objects
- Distance from the scanner
- Laser scan date range
- Additional extraction capabilities include:
- Mesh generated from scans
- Ortho drawings in full scale generated from scans
The extracted sub-models can be saved and used by different designers. The system provides a registry of extracted sub-models which can be queried by the user who can select sub-models applicable to one’s design area.
The PanoMap® Server can also be used in conjunction with other CSA products, such as:
- PanoMap®, providing panoramic access to scans
- PanoMap® Modeler, for very efficient intelligent modeling from laser scans
- PanoMap® Designer, providing equipment placement and pipe routing
- iPanoMap™, implementation of PanoMap® on Android tablets and smart phones
- Compact storage of large scan databases
- Very fast retrieval
- Unlimited number of scans
- Support scans from a variety of scanners
- Support change control using handheld scanners
- No special hardware requirements
- Easily integrated with 3D models